Todays West Bohemian Museum in Pilsen was found in 1878. By the range of its collections it belongs to the biggest museal institutions in the Czech republic. Nowadays the Museum administers four buildings in Pilsen: the main building in Kopeckého park, Folklore Museum of Pilsen region, Museum od marionettes and Museum of ecclesiastic art in Pilsen diocese. Since 2015 it has also managed the Museum of Dr. Bohumil Horák in Rokycany, national technical monument the Water hammer in Dobřív and the Memorial hall of Jindřich Mošna. Apart from exhibitions the Museum organizes lectures, commented visitations, educational programmes, creative workshops, fairs, professional seminars and conferences. From the beginning of the 90’s the Museum has developed scientific-research work through grants and institution tasks. It publishes a series of professional publications and yearbooks of natural and social sciences.