Museum of East Bohemia in Hradec Králové was established in 1880. The beginning collection was composed of exhibits bought at the Exhibition of Antiques and Memorables in 1879 and municipal memorabilities from the City Hall. The collection began to grow fast and the need of suitable placement of the Museum emerged at the beginning of the 20th century. The situation resulted in construction of representative museum building by design of famous Czech architect Jan Kotěra in 1909-1912. The Museum has a seat here till today. After the World War II the Museum was enlarged with Natural History Museum and Municipal Gallery. Nowadays the Museum is the biggest regional museum of Hradec Králové Region. Apart from long-term expositions there are 10-15 thematic exhibitions and many other cultural and social events held by the Museum every year. Museum issues periodic and aperiodic publications and organizes professional conferneces and seminars.