The museum resides in the former German grammar school, where they present their permanent exhibitions devoted to the historic furniture, Baroness Ulrike von Levetzow, mineralogy, geology and natural history of Most region and northwest Bohemia. Regional Museum in Most was created by gradual merging of several institutions: the Municipal Museum in Most (founded 1888), Podkrušnohorské Museum in Most (est. 1928), the Municipal Museum in the Upper Litvinov (est. 1897) and the Local Museum in Mount St. Catherine (est. 1909 ). Each of the museums focused on different sphere of interest, and therefore each of them has enriched the contemporary museum collection in another way.
Professional activity of the Regional Museum in Most is focused on preservation, professional registration and expansion of their rich collection focused primarily on the history and nature of Most and surrounding regions.