Museum established for Trutnov and surrounding region of Krkonoše mountains and their foothills resides in a house built at the place of Trutnov Castle. Moderate museal activity in the town started in 1890 but only in the 20‘s of 20th century it could broadly develop. At the time the Museum recieved several premises in the school building, so it could start with organizing small short-term exhibitions. Later, in 1950 the Museum obtained the whole building. Nowadays the Museum is preparing new permanent expositions. First part of them – devoted to castles and rural homesteads of Trutnov Region – should be opened in 2015. The second part will focus on the history of Trutnov Region from prehistory to the 20th century.